Friday, May 30, 2014

Waiting For A Seed To Grow

Hello teeny tiny seeds

Today is my creative day!  I love my creative days.  I get one full, or almost full day a week that I can just create!  However, today I decided to do something different and spend the time with Steve and the kids.  We are making it a creative garden planting day.  So off to the  garden centre we go to see what we can buy for seeds and plants.  Trying to pick out plants, seeds, and flowers with three little ones isn't exactly an easy shopping experience.  After Anna's little fingers reached out a few dozen times to pick all the pretty flowers, I was beginning to want to hurry this family outing up!  With lots of space for the kids to run around, they decided to occupy themselves with picking up all the fallen flowers (which later turned into a nice table piece for the kids).   A whirlwind trip, with a few bathrooms breaks in between, and we accomplished the first step...finding our seeds and plants.



This is my kind of plant!
 After seeing this I will never draw grass the same 

Little hands planting.


Step Two: planting!  Staring at these little seeds in my hand, I am really amazed at how small they are.  I find it mind boggling how something so small can amount to anything.  But the truth is, the smallest of seeds can turn into something great (a mustard seed is of the smallest, but birds actually come and make their nest there).  Who would have thought a little seed would have that effect.  Putting these tiny seeds in the ground made me think of the little seeds in my life.  How many times do I plant a little seed that seems like nothing (such as helping someone, encouraging someone, or  even painting a picture and giving it to someone).   But yet as I think of the garden, I see that little seeds do grow and they grow into amazing plants that bring nourishment to us.  Sprinkling the seeds in the ground, I pray that they are protected from the harsh elements of the world, that they will reach their full potential,  and produce more than what I could ever have imagined so that many can be blessed.

  Keep planting!  Small seeds do grow into something beautiful!
 Step three: waiting!  In this season of my life I feel like I am planting lots of little creative seeds.  I have to remind myself a seed takes time to grow.  As I watch it grow, there are things this little seed requires from me.  Developing what is inside of me creatively is a big part of growth for me.   So is not allowing myself to be discouraged when the seed of creativity is not growing at the speed or the way that I want. However,  my biggest challenge in all this is waiting!  Who likes to wait?  So much goes through my mind during the wait time.  Is this really going to work?  Will it ever amount to anything?  What about all the weeds around it that damage or kill it?  If I am not careful, doubt and disbelief can crowd the very reasons why I have planted the seeds in the first place.  I planted in faith believing that it would grow into something greater.  Hello patience!  I welcome you in my heart as I wait in faith.

A little water and some sunlight and you are on your way.
Now for my high-lite of the day!  Garden gloves take hold of the paintbrush!  I have a secret plan for the garden (shhhhh... I'll run this by Steve later).  I am making a section into the doodle garden.  Nope, I will not be painting the veggies!  But I plan on making it into a doodle land, equipped with flowers and lots of doodles. With that in my mind, paints are a needed part of planting the garden.

This chair is about to get a complete make-over!

Hello garden chair! You are going to fit in nicely around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment