Tuesday, May 20, 2014

From Doodle to Painting

orignal doodle with crayons
This week I have really been longing to just get my paints out and turn some of my random doodles into paintings.   I did a doodle a while ago and I really liked it.  I decided to colour it with some crayons and see what it would look like and guess what, I liked it.  So I took it one step further and painted it out.

When I was done painting it I felt so much joy!  The joy was coming out of a place of freely creating something that was inside of me.  It was so unique and different and so random.  I loved it!  Nowhere else could I find another copy. I like the fact that it had been birthed out of just freely drawing.  If I were to sit down and think up a painting, I would never had come up with this scene!  My analytical side of the brain would have gotten in the way.   But to me, this painting doesn't really have to make sense.  It's just bringing out a heart of fun!   I have decided to call it 'Flying Lessons' simply because it's what comes to mind.
Flying Lessons (Acrylic on canvas)

As I have been flipping through my sketchbooks, I've been having fun re-visitng my doodles.  It's like going on a treasure hunt.  I find lots of little pictures hidden in them.  I've grabbed my markers and started colouring in some images that have inspired little characters and other paintings that are still to come.

                                             A SNEAK PEEK INTO MY SKETCH BOOK

Primary colours and fun! reminds me of kindergarten

What will you be?

Where do you belong?  In the sea I think!

I keep seeing an interesting character finding his way in the city.

Found this guy peeking out of my doodles.
More funtastical paintings to come from these doodles!  No time to spare.  When the inspiration hits, so my paintbrush must hit the canvas.  So much for an early night!!


No comments:

Post a Comment