Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Streeeeeetched by RISK

The extra long stretch!
My creative process of working out what I am feeling
RISK:  to expose oneself to the chance of injury or loss; put oneself in danger; hazard; venture.


That's the dictionary definition.  No wonder I am not rushing out into the world of risk!  However I can't help but have this ongoing feeling of wanting to take one.  It sounds so easy!  Just take one.  Kind of like you just take a nap when you need one, or you take a good book and hot cup of tea.  Some things are easy to take.  You know you need it, so you take it.  But what if what you need to take is a RISK??  What if what is really inside of you is a desire to step into the unknown?  A longing to embark on a new adventure!  What if that dream that has been dormant for so long, is awakening?  Can you step without a risk?  Do all adventures have to be risks?  How about your dreams?  Can you step into a dream without taking a risk?
So often in life we come face to face with risk.  Whether we greet it and move on, or take a hold of it is really up to you.  I do believe there are times in life where risk is required, where it is something we need.

So right now, in this season of my life, I am greeted by risk.  So, risk, do I just reach out and take hold of you?  There are parts of you that look so good to me!  I find myself thinking of all that could go right!  All that could come from you brings a smile to my face.  I know I need you to see my dreams come true.  However, I wish you weren't attached to that word, chance.  The 'what if's' come to mind.  Counting out my costs, there is no guarantee that it is going to work.  Can I handle what may not happen?

So this is where I say hello to faith!  I need you in this journey with risk.  I can't do this alone.  I need you so that even if it looks like I am falling, I can look to you for a soft landing.  Or even better, a miraculous lifting.

So what do you say faith??  Will you hold my hand as I take risk?  Will you take me to mountain heights?  Faith does not come from seeing, but believing!


To venture out or not??


If you wait for perfect weather conditions, you will never get anything done!









No comments:

Post a Comment