Thursday, May 22, 2014

Doodle Inspired Prints

As you may know by now, most of all my inspiration comes from my doodling.  Finding some quiet time in my day, where I take my black felt tip pen and freely doodle.  Just freely allowing my pen to 
move around my white page.  There is no right or wrong way to doodle. It's just fun and freeing.  I don't have to make pictures out of what is on the page.  I purposely choose marker so that I can't erase any lines, otherwise I would be trying to erase jiggly, wiggly bouncy lines, and so many of those lines have inspired something more in me creatively.  Those lines make up my style!   They're what is coming out of me!  So many times they even reflect what I am feeling or going through. (I just don't always know it).  So for all those who have asked me how to doodle, I just say pick up a pen and allow it to move.  Your lines may be very straight, small, big, or shapes.  As long as they're you, its good!  After I am finished doodling a page I will often go back and flip through my sketch book to see what may be hiding in my doodles.  Lots of times there are little creatures, sometimes little worlds have been created without me even knowing it.  Sometimes there are even words hidden (not intended) and a message for me.  I then see which ones I am inspired by and begin to colour them, which then leads to paintings or prints.


My trusty fine tip pens

My favourite markers


                                               Here are some of the prints that I have done.

I am amazed to see what I can create from what seems like nothing.

8X10 prints ready for framing

                                     

Why not doodled greeting cards


perfect for invites or to send a fun note

All this to say, doodle!  Doodle from what comes out of you and enjoy the process.  Don't try to figure it out just have fun.  You were made with such uniqueness that is ready to burst out all over your page. I would love to hear any feedback from your doodling adventures.



No comments:

Post a Comment