Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Inspiration


I step outside on this early April day.  One look around me and I see there has been a fresh layer of snow added to the snow that already exists.  Good morning spring!  I know you are here, just wondering where you went?  Breathing in the cold air,  I look around for some sign that you are really here.  To my surprise, I see numerous bird footprints on my snow dusted sidewalk.  Not just a few, but I mean 20, 30, or even 40 footprints.

One thing I have always liked about spring is walking up to the sound of many birds chirping.  But this morning was different.  It was a symphony of birds and they were right in front of my house.  I looked across the street and there were dozens of robins!
Ahhh you are here spring, and even if I don't feel you, I see signs of you!  The long harsh winter we have experienced is going and the new life that spring brings is coming!


Each year my kids and I  go on a Robin hunt looking for one robin to remind us that spring is here.  This year we didn't have to go far, but just look outside our front door. Little kisses from Heaven.
                                          Welcome Spring! We have looked forward to seeing you!



Seeing all these robins inspired me creatively and I think it is time to break open the robins egg paint with a splash of robin's breast orange and hit a wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment