Saturday, April 19, 2014

Celebrate Easter


'One more day until Easter mom,' Is what I wake up to this morning.  My cheery Lucy smiles at me from ear to ear.  She is definitely a morning person!  I, not so much, as I roll over in bed.  Trying to catch up to her upbeat, wide awake mood,  I manage a smile more with my eyes then my mouth.  With an agenda in her head, she's already got the day fully planned.  From colouring and decorating the eggs, picking up the Easter treats, and getting an Easter movie to watch, we have a full day ahead.

Easter eggs doodled


But what is Easter to Me?
It is a celebration.
A time to be Happy.
A time to have fun.
To embrace others with love
Mostly Easter is a time where I remember what Jesus did for me on the cross over 2,000 years ago.  We celebrate that Jesus died for us and rose again!  It is a time where I reflect on my own heart and seek God to see if I have any unforgiveness towards anybody in my life.  It is a time to forgive and to bless.

Although I love easter chocolates, colouring eggs with my kids, giving out gifts and eating too much turkey and mashed potatoes,  I do it more because I want to celebrate!  I want to celebrate the best thing that ever has happened to me.........Jesus!
Yes, Lucy.  Only one more day until Easter!  Let the celebrations begin!

Artist at work

Steve's steady hand
Anna-Grace is more interested in drinking the yummy looking water

Trying to keep little hands out of the cups! I gave up, Yellow hands isn't so bad



No comments:

Post a Comment