Thursday, June 19, 2014

The RV Makeover Begins

There it is sandwiched in by trees.


Driving back up to the trailer for the first time this year brought back memories from last summer.  It's amazing how much can happen in just one year.  Nothing really big or outstanding happened this year.......just life.  Looking at some of the kids left over crafts from last summer made me see how much they really have grown in a year.  Anna's little toys that I had left up there are no longer ones she will use this year, and I find with each year that passes I can't help but feel a little sad as the kids grow.  Looking around the camp where our RVis parked (unable to be moved) I saw how much had happened there as well. A winters worth of reno's has left the camp looking great and updated! Walking through the newly renovated lodges, I found myself feeling at rest and peace as the atmosphere around me felt very inviting.  There on a coffee table sat an magazine on family.  Looking down at it made my eyes well up with tears.   I felt like this place is just what the doctor ordered.  After a long hard winter and a busy spring, I am looking forward to staying at the RV.

paint choice: fresh popcorn


The first brush stroke  
After opening up RV and seeing the state that we left it in, it was a little unnerving to say the least.  The plywood floors, bare windows, old foam cushions, and lack of beds made me a sigh a few times.
So we began with emptying everything we could and taking all the doors off the cabinets.  We then  broke open a can of fresh popcorn paint.  As we began rolling paint it was then that we realized that this was a bigger job then we had anticipated! 
So the make-over is far from over and only just begun.  With a vision of doodled curtains and textiles and much more, we will take it one step at a time.

Soon to be re-covered in one of a kind hand painted textiles.

Freshly painted with fresh popcorn white brightened it up!

Re-painted cupboards less then perfect to work on!
Till we meet again champ! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment