Monday, June 23, 2014

Art Around the Pond



Let the joy of getting ready for an art show begin!  So much to do, so much to gather, and so much I could do!  As I begin to gather all my pieces of work, I wish I had more paintings painted, more prints, and more doodles to display.  I begin by writing out my list of all the things I need so that when I arrive I won't have forgotten anything.   However, I've heard other vendors say that an art show isn't an art show unless you forget something.  Well, it turns out I have indeed forgotten some things.  As I sit down next to my display I've realized a light sweater would have been nice, and some rocks to hold down my price list, and also some tape!  Things I don't typically carry in my purse.  


Today's forecast: sunny skies and 24 degrees.  Perfect weather conditions for an art show.  The fun begins as the van is overpacked with stuff!  Pulling up and unloading is an art in itself.  My trusty husband Steve is mostly in charge of this.  One of the biggest challenges about being outside is the wind.  Even a little wind can send things flying!  Today we have mini standup easels to hold all my framed work in place.  The frames all have glass in them, so I can't afford for a gust of wind to come and knock anything down.

framed artwork for sale




After one hour of pulling things out of the van and placing them, we are all set.  Well, almost all set except for the things I had mentioned that we forgot.  A quick trip in town will fix that!  


My price list for the day


One of a kind doodle for each business card

One thing I love about today is that I get to paint.  Yes, I get the chance to talk to lots of people that come through, but I also have 8 hours of sitting here.  So one thing that is needed for me to take to an artshow is my painting gear.  It can be challenging to sit and paint when there is an audience.  I can't say it is the most comfortable feeling.  However, I do think it is a good thing to do.  I also find it a little uncomfortable sitting and  watching others look over all of my artwork, but at the same time I enjoy it.  I enjoy seeing the reactions on people's faces when they see all the colours and so much whimsy!  

Painted drift wood that I call doodle sticks great for the garden or even to use in a bouquet
I must say, my favorite comment of the day was "your art makes me smile." After all, that is my hope.  To bring joy to people's hearts through what I create!  So all and all it was a great day!  Met lots of people and talked lots of art.

Art around the pond, hope to see you again next year!




2 comments:

  1. Trish! It all looked so amazing! I especially love your doodle sticks, such a creative unique idea! Great work! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete