Monday, June 16, 2014

Painting waiting






Sitting at my kitchen table one morning with my hands cupped around my face, staring out the
window, a memory came to mind of me as a little girl doing the same thing while I was waiting for my daddy to return home from work.   I had forgotten that I used to do that and today as an adult here I was once again waiting.

I grabbed for my sketch book, as a picture of a painting came to mind of that very thing!  I began to really ponder what it means to wait and what really happens in my heart in the seasons of life that I am called to wait.  I realize how much I really don't like to wait, and how difficult it really is.  It is far easier for me to do and to try to make things happen, than to be still and just wait for things to unfold.
I began to realize that as I wait it really reveals what I believe.  Just as I waited for my dad as a little girl. I believed that he was coming home and although I am sure I grew tired in waiting, I still remained by the window looking out for him to come.  How many times am I looking out a window in my life waiting for someone or something?  Do I stay there?  Do I really believe in what I am waiting for?
It got me thinking about how many times did I just give up,  when maybe that in which I was waiting for was just around the corner?

As I wait, I know that is an opportunity for me to really weed out the doubts and to really put my trust in what I believe.  My heart is tested, but with each test I pass I move forward.  As I wait growth happens! So this particular morning, I was sitting with my Bible in front of me waiting for a scripture to come to mind, and guess what, one did.  Be still and know that I am God.
May you find peace and strength and trust in your times of waiting!


The kids looking out the window,waiting for their daddy to come home




A little birdie coming to the window 







This weeks painting Waiting





No comments:

Post a Comment