Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Five Star Adventure In Juicing

Today I felt like I had an overload of creative projects.  Normally I love spending lots of time creating, but today I just felt like a needed a wee break from it all.  I kind of felt like someone who had stuffed themselves with so much food that they couldn't eat another bite!  I have been stuffing myself with creative projects, blogs, tutorials, and I feel stuffed.  So instead, I decided to spend some time in the kitchen enjoying something I also love to do... eating!
A box of mangoes arrived at our house last night and it was just the incentive I needed to get my juicer back out!  So I did just that and made the family some yummy mango strawberry juice! All sugar free, and the kids drank it all up!

The juicer! 

The hardest part of juicing is cutting up all the fruit and vegetables, but it's worth it.  Today I am making strawberry mango juice!
Mangos make for a thick juice so you may want to delete it with some sparkling water. 


Although juicing may be a bit of work, I love the benefits that I have felt from it.  After doing it for a number of consecutive days, I even noticed a difference in my skin.  It was much clearer and it boosted my energy as well... especially on the days where I was lacking sleep.  It also kick starts your metabolism and can help in shedding some extra pounds.  But above all else, fresh fruits and vegetables are delicious!  I sound like an info commercial!  YIKES !!

Here is a recipe that I thought was appropriate at this time of the year as it seems many are fighting off colds and the flu .  This is called the Immune System builder from the book, Big book Of Juices And Green Smoothies by Cherie Calbom.

1 handful of parsley or watercress
2-3 Kale leaves
1 cup of blueberries
1 green apple
1/2 cucumber
1 lemon peeled

Cheers to you and good health!  Enjoy!

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment