Saturday, October 18, 2014

New Creations

Life is good!  I have been having plenty of time to create lately and just thought I would do a quick post on some of the little projects I have been working on!

Doodled Curly Willow

You can buy a bunch at IKEA for around $8.  You need to prime them first and then give yourself time to paint at least 2 coats of each colour.  They are simple but a bit time consuming.  I chose as many different colour schemes as I could.  A great way to colour coordinate.  Then I took my trust paint pen and did some doodles over top of the paint, and then lastly I sprayed them with a clear coat.




Painted Wooden Fruit


 I had some carved wooden fruit that I purchased years ago in Africa and decided that it was due for a bit of a facelift.  If you are wanting to do something similar, first give the wood a light sand otherwise the paint is more likely to chip.  Then prime each piece and paint with acrylic paint (again you will need a few coats).  Doodle with the paint pen and seal with a clear coat.  It's a great centre piece for my table, plus the kids love them!!!



Hand Painted Lamp Shade


I painted a white IKEA lamp shade using my acrylic paints and fabric medium, and created a design on it with my Sharpie paint marker!


Hand Painted Table Cloth


First I made a design on paper of what I wanted to put on my table cloth.  I coordinated my colours with my kitchen colours, then too a heave white bed sheet and drew out my design with the Sharpie black fabric marker.  I then took regular acrylic paint and added Golden fabric medium to it and painted away.  To heat set, you can iron it or take the lazy man's way and place it in the dryer for about 20 minutes.


Doodle Coming to Life With Paint


This was a doodle that I did, and decided to turn it into a painting on canvas with acrylic paints!

So there you have it.  Creative me is alive and well, and keeping busy.  Stay tuned for more......


Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment