Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Dream In A Dream

I love this picture because it shows me walking down a lane way to a gate,
unsure if the gate will open or not.  I still need to try to see if I can continue on the path.
Are you a dreamer?  I mean not just a day dreamer but a night dreamer as well?  I have always dreamed many dreams in the night as long as I can remember.  I can even still remember some of the dreams I had as a little girl.  So once in a while I meet people who tell me they don't dream.  I am amazed by that because I know we all dream we just don't always remember them.  Occasionally I have a dream that I call a God dream.  It usually wakes me up in the night or comes to mind when I awake first thing in the morning.  These dreams are usually very profound to me in some way and really stand out to me.  Often they bring much excitement to my heart, but sometimes they are warnings to me.  When I have a dream that stands out to me I will take the time to write it out and spend time praying about it.  Not always sure of the meaning, sometimes more clarity comes to mind when I do this.  So it's 5:50 a.m. right now and here I am in bed writing out what I call a God dream.

I actually had this dream a few hours ago but was too tired to write it out then, but was awoken again and can't seem to get it off my mind and don't think I will go back to sleep until I write it out.  I should have just done it in the first place at 3 a.m.!  So I've decided to make it a blog post because it is something close to my heart and something I have blogged about before.  My night dream was about dreams.

Here is a rough idea what the dream was about.  It was a movie that I was watching in my dream about a couple who were trying to live out their dreams.  So far that sounds really familiar!  The couple actually turned out to be my husband and I.  We were trying to get to the place where our dreams could take place.  We were in a moving car and we had an idea where we wanted to go however the car ride was long.  It was really long!  It was one of those rides that we had gone too far to turn back, so we had to keep going forward.  Even though we were not exactly sure of how we were going to reach our destination.  There were certain resources we needed that we had not yet been able to get.  However, like I said before, we just kept going.  As we drove we felt somewhat blind as we were driving into new territory and the unknown.  We finally reached a place of destination. This place was as far as we could go on what we had.  It was like driving a long way to the airport ready to fly to another place except you have no tickets.  In this place we were not anxious or bothered that we had come as far as we could.  Instead we were up dancing and doing a waltz (I can't see us waltzing!) A man appeared in the dream (an unknown man to me) and he looked up to heaven and in his hand he had 2 tickets to another nation.  Our seats where empty as we were dancing and he placed the tickets down in front of our seats.  In the dream I was thinking I was watching a really good movie on dreams!

When I awoke a few things came to mind.  Our lives are like a movie that our being played out for others to see.  What we do in our life movie can really impact others.  Sometimes once you start something you get in a place where you do need to keep going, you have gone so far that you really do think twice about turning back. It's in those places that you keep going into the unknown even if it seems long and even it you feel you lack the very things you need to accomplish your dream. You have invested so much already that you are just not willing to give up!  However my favourite part  of the dream was the part where we got as far as we could go and needed a ticket to carry on.  What I like about this part is we were dancing.  I can't imagine going to a airport wanting to go to the next place of my dream only to arrive with no ticket.  I really doubt I would be doing a waltz in the halls... maybe just a panic dance or an 'I am totally stressed out' dance!  But what came to my mind was that we had learned to enjoy the journey not just the outcome.  The dream was about going forward in a dream and at times it can be very difficult and very uncertain, but through it all it is a journey, one in which we can dance too.  When I think of a waltz I think of a graceful movement and I truly believe that is what we need at times when we are on this journey of life and dreams.  I also found it interesting that the man came and delivered our tickets to us when we were dancing enjoying the moment, not looking for the now what????  He didn't interrupt our dance but secretly placed our tickets in front of our seats for when we returned.


So I say to you, keep going in your dreams even in the uncertainties!  Don't turn back!  You have come so far and enjoy the journey along the way.  And as you dance your dance of grace remember
God's grace is extended to you and he is the one that will provide all that you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment