Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hello Local Community

Anna on the way back to the RV.
A good street to be on.
It's been a full week up here at the RV with lots going on.  We got to explore the town a little more and realized how quaint and nice it really is.  The people here are so friendly that it's hard not to feel at home here.  We stumbled upon the weekly farmers market and the kids loved it with free ice cream and the fireman offering tours of the firetruck and free fireman's hats.  The kids were more than excited.  I love to check out farmers markets from any town!  I love to see all the vendors and the neat and unique things that you can find only at a farmers market.  Most unique product I came across this week was Earl grey + rhubarb + vanilla jam.  This lady made the most awesome pepper jellies and jams with a full line like I have never seen before.


Today was an action packed day as I participated in the local Art in the Park.  There were about 27 artists out for the event along with musicians and even children dancers.  Steve and I and the kids had a blast!  The kids were in their element as they hit the craft table.  After 10 more colouring pages and cupcakes they were somewhat finished.  Steve and I tag teamed manning my display.  It was an amazing experience as we got to connect with so many different people!  I had wonderful feedback and made some sales!  We got more informed about the town and got a better feel for the people here.  There is a real sense of community here and it was refreshing to see how the artists were all supporting one another and were very encouraging with each other!  I love that!  My favourite comment today: 'When I walked into your tent it was like light everywhere!'  That made me smile!  I also chuckled at how one man described my art: Dr.Suess meets Pippy Longstocking meets Sargent Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band.  The world is full of interesting people which makes life so interesting and fun!

The setup begins for Art in the Park.

So creatively I have been continuing with my curtains which are taking a little longer than I thought (surprise, surprise) and Steve and I and the kids went on a stick hunt, looking for the perfect stick to make a doodle tree with (which has totally inspired me for Christmas!).  After walking in the bush with a million mosquitoes and one tired little girl in a wagon, we found a tree which I then painted up for a display for the show with doodle sticks and clams which make very nice sounding wind chimes.
Life up here is good!

The hunt for the doodle tree.
First step: paint the tree white then apply coloured paint.
Next step: using a paint marker and start doodling.
Defining lines.
Drilling small holes in the clams to hang in the doodle tree.
Doodle sticks making a great wind chime.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Trish! So exciting to see the things you are creating and doing! You're such an inspiration to me! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete