Friday, March 6, 2015

The Perfect Ice Cream Recipe! A Fun, Delicious, and Easy Winter Treat




I have never been big on eating snow.  Even as a kid it wasn't something I did.   However, I catch my kids all the time shoving snow in their mouths!  We've all heard 'don't eat the yellow snow,' but how about eating brown snow?  Even worse right?  Not exactly.

The other day I took the kids out for some fresh air and a snack and guess what we found?  The snack was right in our back yard as we made homemade snow ice cream!  Doesn't sound appetizing?  Let me just say, you need to give this a try.  To my surprise it was delicious!  We took our bowl and found a fresh clean batch of snow, which wasn't too hard to find since we have stacks of snow this year!  Filling our bowls, we added one simple ingredient. Chocolate condensed milk! You can just use regular condensed milk as well if you choose.  But I love the chocolate.


Pouring it into the snow, it actually thickened the snow and made the texture like ice cream. We could have even put it on a cone.  It was so good and really cold. You can even put it in a dish and freeze it like normal ice cream.

Sometimes you don' t have to look too far to find something different and great!  But as good as it was, hurray, spring is coming!  I think?????
Have a fun!
Trish




No comments:

Post a Comment