Monday, September 8, 2014

The Return Home: Seasons Change

Saying good-bye to the beauty of summer.
Well it's been one week and here we are back home.  People keeping asking me are you glad to be home, and to be honest I am really not sure how to answer that!  There are some things I really missed about home and other things I did not.  Looking back at the summer at the RV, I see how much of a blessing it really was.  I am way more relaxed and rested.  I think I can say the same for Steve too.  My kids had a fabulous summer living at the RV.  They haven't ever spent so much time outdoors.  I didn't even miss the space of our home.  I did miss the bathroom though!

Coming home I feel like we have some new perspective on things and we are in a place of wanting to continue living out a life of creativity.  At this present moment we're not quite sure how all that looks.  We're trying to weed out the extra things in our lives that take away from the very things that we are to do.  I really see how when we left we were way too busy and it caused a lot of extra stress.  So things are busy here, but it's a matter of not falling into it!  I am determined not to rush anymore! (unless necessary!)  So the work on the RV will have to continue into next spring.  The curtains are done, just not fabricated into curtains yet.  We left locking up by saying bye to the Champ and with tears in my eyes I thanked God for a great summer.  Good memories that last forever are something you can't put a price on.  But just as the seasons change so do our lives and we are now entering a new season.  You never know what to expect but that certainly makes life adventurous, and to try to hold onto summer when fall is arriving just wouldn't work.  So as much as I may love a season, I have to let go of it to make room for next.  Somehow it seems way easier to let go of winter!  Looking through photos of the summer to put in my blog, I realized how very special it all was!  The way I know that I really loved a time is when it seems too painful to look back because you realize that time is over!  None the less we are home now and it is time to unpack.  I don't mean literally because I did that within the first day, but mentally somehow that always seems to take longer.  New memories await us and I can only hope and pray that we can have another season in our lives like this summer.  Good bye summer we will miss you!!

One last time at the beach! 
One last stroll. 

Harvest time is coming.
Seasons changing.
The kids are buckled in and ready for home bound...
...and with a turn of the key the door is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment