Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Last week

Well we are back to the RV after taking one week off at home.  It was kind of a weird feeling going back home.  I know that we really haven't been gone all that long, but it was still long enough for some patterns and perspective to change in our lives.  The closer we got to home the more excited my little girl got.  However I couldn't help but feel a wee bit sad.  I really have loved the RV life! Walking back into our home and seeing all our stuff, the kids were so excited!  It was like Christmas! The first day or two was great.  I was thinking this is a nice break from boiling water for dishes, carrying the kids to the bathroom, and everyone sleeping in one room.  However after day three the novelty wore off and I was ready for the RV again.

So, the quest continues as we have now returned back and I am feeling even more relaxed about getting things done!  I normally would have my whole day planned for tomorrow, packing in as much as I can.  But to be honest I am just really looking forward to spending the day at the beach with the kids and Steve.  After all, it is supposed to be the hottest day of the summer!  Maybe I am learning a bit more about balance with work, rest, and play!  The rest of the week will include me finishing off the fabric painting so Steve can make us some one of a kind curtains, and doing some finishing touch ups for the Champ!  My goal is to make the most out of this week as it is our last one here!  I plan on enjoying each day and the surroundings around us as much as I can, taking lot and lots of pictures, cooking on my Coleman stove, and enjoying my night time drives with my 2 year old to get her to sleep!  It's funny how it's the things you think that you would never miss that you miss the most.  So hello last week of summer.  Let's make it the best one yet!

Squirrels taking our food.  This one got a whole cob of corn.  It should be well stocked for winter.
The playground in our backyard that the kids spent lots of time at playing and making friends.
The quiet view out our RV window, once full of people. 
Creepy crawlers all around us.
Interesting looking mushrooms.
Painting outdoors with my little helper!
Creative patterns in the wood.
Making our all time favourite meal:  Kraft Dinner.
Using the gravel as a canvas.
Walking through the camp with my flip flops.
Having Daddy around lots to do fun things with!
And..I am so going to miss the slow pace of life here!

No comments:

Post a Comment